The NLSEB 2019 meeting is scheduled Tuesday 16 April 2019 in Akoesticum, Ede
Organizing committee: Eveline Verhulst (WUR) – chair / Martijn Egas (UvA) / Frank Bruggeman (VU) / Marian Bemer (WUR) / Katja Peijnenburg (Naturalis) / Bertus Beaumont (Delft)
First NLSEB Meeting in Akoesticum a great success!
On Wednesday 11 April 2018 we had our very first meeting; a great success with 5 plenaries, 12 contributed speakers, 45 posters and over 150 participants! The scientific quality of the program was superb, with scientists covering the entire field of evolutionary biology, and very inspiring talks throughout. The venue and catering were praised by all and therefore we would like to especially thank our host Akoesticum for the welcoming and relaxed atmosphere. In addition, we would like to thank OBM Veenendaal for the impeccable technical support and NWO, Brill and the Origin Center for their sponsorships.
- The opening Brill lecture, a duo act by Bas Zwaan and Eric Schranz, making a case to bridge the gap between micro and macro evolution
- The video-audio performance by Reiko Yamada: an artist impression of Drosophila, which has kept 150 people meditating for 30 minutes straight
- The logo presentation, with the winning logo designed by Bastiaan von Meijenfeldt
- The Brill poster award of 250,- for Mirte Bosse
- The first general assembly of the NLSEB and election of the first NLSEB board
And finally you!
Thank you for being there, and participating in the many lively discussions. We had a great day and are much looking forward to meeting you all again next year.
All the best,
The organisation committee
Marleen Cobben | Martijn Egas | Ole Madsen | Bas Teusink | Eveline Verhulst | Arjan de Visser | Franjo Weissing
A gallery of pictures of the meeting:
The meeting was sponsored by: