Vote for “Endless Forms Most Beautiful” by Nightwish to get Evolution into the Top 2000 of 2020!
We at the Laboratory of Genetics at Wageningen University have a dream to raise the public profile of evolution. And we’d like you to help us make that dream a reality. This year, we want to get evolution into the Top 2000 (see note 1 below)!
But how? Well, with your help, of course! We’ve already figured out the song, “Endless Forms Most Beautiful” by Nightwish (see note 2 below), and now we just need you to vote and spread the word.
All it takes is two easy steps:
Step 1. Go to https://www.nporadio2.nl/ between December 1st and December 7th and fill in “Endless Forms Most Beautiful” by Nightwish as one of your choices. Feel free to add other songs, but make sure that you at least enter in this Nightwish song. Voting closes after 5pm on Monday, December 7th.
Step 2. Share with others!
- Forward this email to your friends and colleagues.
- Use the hashtag #Top2000Evolution on social media to get the momentum going and spread the word!
- You can bring it up at your next department meeting!
Around December 20th, the list will be published and we can see how we did!
(1) For those unfamiliar, the Top 2000 is a national song poll hosted by the Dutch radio station NPO Radio 2. Folks can submit their list of favourite songs and the resulting list is played on the radio station from December 25th to just before midnight on December 31st, in order.
(2) This song is a lovely ode to evolution by the Finnish metal group with Dutch singer Floor Jansen. The title and lyrics are an homage to the concepts in Darwin’s On the Origin of the Species, all contained in the form of symphonic metal released in the album of the same name in 2015. Additionally, it’s not currently on the Top 2000 so it will be clear to track if we were successful.